This tuna salad recipe was featured in a larger blog post, A Tale of Two Salads. See the original post here.
Patty’s Tuna Salad adds lime juice and Serrano peppers that bring a nice brightness and kick to the dish! The green olives are also a great addition. You can make yummy sandwiches after you’ve prepared the tuna salad, but I love eating it with tortilla cups. It quickly turns this dish into a hearty snack.
- 2 cans of tuna in water (drain the water)
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 3-5 chopped serrano chilies
- 2-3 tablespoons of mayo
- 3-4 tablespoons of green olives with pimentos, cut in half
- The juice of 1 large lime (use 2 limes if you can only find smaller ones)
- salt to taste
- Place everything in a bowl and mix.
- Taste and adjust salt and mayo as needed.