This recipe was part of the OTGF’s Urban Farm-a-licious Event, a collaboration between On the Ground Floor and Tested Tried and True.
An amazingly flavorful and filling salad, this quick dish highlights many ingredients found in a home garden. Lots of basil, chickpeas, and tomatoes are dressed with a delightful combination of vinegar, garlic, olive oil and honey. Perfect for a side dish or a quick meal.
I started making this dish a long time ago during a time when I was trying to eat healthy. To be honest I didn’t have high hopes for this dish, but it was FANTASTIC! If I had a garden I would grow my own basil and tomatoes just to make this dish! I love making it as a side dish when company comes over.
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 25 large basil leaves, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- Toss all ingredients together and chill for at least 20 minutes, allowing all the flavors to merge.
- Can't get any easier than this! Enjoy!